Monday, October 27, 2008

Gmail Labs and Innovation - Gadget support now - Soon maybe - Gmail customization API

Google and Google developers have shown immense innovation in the web based email client space - Gmail rules them all, and the new labs features are just plain adorable!

Oh, the Gmail team has given us capabilities to add google gadgets (holy!!) and some predefined google gadgets are available right off the bat - google calendar, docs.

Now, my prediction says, soon we will have an API for 3rd party developers to contribute customizations to Gmail and share with the community. Simple tweaks will be available, followed by more complicated plugins and extension features. Just wait and watch.

Thank you, Gmail team. I can not wait to write my own Gmail extension! Please give me access to the Gmail customization API.

More info on the gadget support at the Gmail Blog!

--
About Vishal

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2008 Vishal V. Shah. All rights reserved. Contents of this web site reflect my personal work and is not representative of my employer.